Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 65 - Insanity!

So for the past few weeks, Chris has been doing Insanity workouts along with his P90X workouts. So tonight I decided that I would try the Insanity cardio workout in lieu of Tony's Cardio workout. The Cardio workout in P90X isn't really cardio as such, but more like an all-encompassing summary workout.. if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Insanity is a cardio-centred program that is, literally, insane. From their website: Your personal trainer Shaun T will push you past your limits with 10 workout discs packed with plyometric drills on top of nonstop intervals of strength, power, resistance, and ab and core training moves. No equipment or weights needed. Just the will to get the hardest body you've ever had. So, long story short, it’s Shaun T yelling at you and a group of other victims in some gymnasium somewhere.

I really believe Insanity is a great program. But, hating cardio as I do, it was hard for me to really get into it because my mind wasn’t in the right place. I find that happens with any type of cardio workout though, so it’s not any different than the norm. Still, it’s a fantastic replacement for Cardio X, which (don’t tell Tony) isn’t that great.

Exciting news – tomorrow I’m doing the Back & Biceps workout which I’ve never ever done! I’m excited to see a new workout after 65 days doing this program. A change of pace is always welcome!

P.S. After my workout, for the hell of it, I wanted to do some sit-ups... and ended up doing 80 in a row! The most I've ever done! Actual sit-ups too, none of those sissy crunches! ;) I'm pretty happy about that!


Get fit or get out!

No comments:

Post a Comment