Saturday, October 10, 2009

Day 12 - Playing catch-up

Yesterday, I had no time to do my workout. I tried to squeeze it in anyway, so I started the Yoga (which I had been looking forward to) and I got about 1/3 of the way through when I realized that my mind was racing and I wasn't into it at all. All I kept thinking about was that I didn't have enough time. And it was true, I didn't. So I stopped, got ready and left, and had two glasses of wine and a couple appetizers. First time I broke the diet! I'm really quite proud of myself for that. Not for breaking it, but for going so long without breaking it.. You know what I mean.

So today I did Legs & Back and Ab Ripper, and I got into it. I did every move as best as I could, and really pushed past my comfort zone to make up for yesterday. And right now, I feel pretty damn good! I'm starting to kick ass at Ab Ripper, perfecting my form and keeping up with Tony. Physically, there's a noticeable difference in my stomach (which makes me happy!!), and my calves are getting more noticeable, too. We're almost two weeks in, and I read somewhere that results start to show between two and three weeks. VERY exciting!

Tomorrow is Kenpo. Coincidentally, it's also Thanksgiving weekend here, and we're having our turkey dinner tomorrow night. Starting P90X, we gave ourselves three exceptions to the diet: Thanksgiving dinner, one night out, and Christmas dinner. All other breaks to the diet (i.e. last night) go on the "naughty" list, to nag at your conscience and force you to work harder. So, because we set aside these allowances, I can't wait to have a delicious turkey dinner with stuffing and potatoes and pumpkin pie!! Oh, the carbs.. Sweet, sweet carbs!

That's all for tonight. It's almost midnight and we just finished our workout.. Talk about tired! Thanks for reading :)


Ooohhhh yum

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,

    I just wanted you to know that I am loving reading your blog. I am on Day 2 and love that you are talking about not just the workouts, but the diet too. I'm giving myself the same days off, Florida/Georgia (a big football game in Jacksonville), Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Thanks for writing! It's keeping me motivated and committed!

    Thanks again!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, Ashley! I appreciate the comments! Good luck with it, and keep bringing it!

    ReplyDelete