Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 30 - 1/3 complete!

Day 30! DAY 30! I'm so excited that I reached this milestone knowing that I gave 100% in my workouts and my diet. I celebrated by switching Cardio X for Plyometrics - talk about a celebration! I was jumping around and throwing my hands in the air like you wouldn't believe. This was my first time doing Plyo, thanks to a suggestion from Chris. I like the Cardio workout, but it's so short! I feel like I'm just getting going, and then it's over. Plyo is the full hour, which I love, and there is NO rest time between moves. I finish up a set, I'm sweating like hell, I'm breathing heavy and I'm tremendously thirsty, but no! No break! On to the next move! Though Tony's gracious enough to give us 30 seconds between every 8 moves. Enough time to wipe the sweat out of my eyes and have a sip of water, then back at it! I'm telling you, it's brutal at the time. I sound like a primitive animal, grunting, panting and whining. But as soon as he says we're done, this incredible feeling of achievement washed over me and I feel like I could do it all over again! (I never would, but you get the point.)

I'm still adjusting to the diet change. One less protein, one more carb. I had a 6-inch sub from Subway today (280 calories, 1/2 serving of protein, 1 serving of carb, 1/4 serving of fat), and it was really delicious. The back of the Nutrition Guide gives you some guidelines for fast food joints, in case time isn't on your side. There are 12 items from Subway listed, 3 items from McDonald's, 2 form Burger King, 3 from Pizza Hut, 5 from Wendy's, etc. There are also guidelines for buying microwave dinners, which - thankfully - we haven't had to resort to yet. We went out and bought these cute little mini bagels, as well as some real bagels and English muffins (which, ironically, rang up as "Muffins Anglais" on the receipt...). Our cart held more bread than I had seen in the last month.

Can you tell I'm excited about the carb increase? I know, I know, "is she seriously still talking about the damn carb?" Okay. I'll move on.

I have a new appreciation for Lululemon. I have a duffel bag of theirs from a while back, and a couple headbands, but I never got any clothing because of the price. A few weeks ago, I bought my first Lulu sportsbra (love!!). A couple weeks later, I bought a pair of shorts. Then the other day, I bought another pair of shorts. Because they're INCREDIBLE! Seriously! Those shorts are tight enough that they don't budge, but they don't ride up or chafe or anything, even during the most intense workouts. So, I'm officially a Lulu addict. This is not a good thing for the bank account. There will definitely be some Lulu items on my Christmas list..!

 
Love the fit of these ones             These are my favourite
                                              (and they were on sale!)

3 comments:

  1. im sitting here panting for air just reading that:)
    your eating all that bread, have you thought of a bread machine? i have a juiceman2 juicer and a breadman from years ago so i dont know cost, but its real easy and much better because you can buy organic flours an such. Just add water,oils, flour etc and hit a few buttons and in 3 hours the house smells awesome, you can also add fruits and nuts. Here 2 loaves of bread are like $6, full of chemicals an perservitives, yuk!
    for $6 or the supplies are enough for lik e 8-10 1 pound loaves. The taste is a bit strange. but a V8 is tastes great and a fresh juice I make is horrible, but feeling better is more important.
    Oh an I think the purple shorts are awesome :D
    I see it has a wider waist band, so it wouldnt fold over and bind. I could be wrong tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John! We have considered a bread maker, but our apartment is SO small, we literally wouldn't have room for one. Same with a juicer, unfortunately. I'd love to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bread maker vs a mate? hmm
    I like bread :D i can relate to the no space situation tho, mine is on the stove. hey im a lazy man, did you think i cooked? drop some fruits an veggies in a gizmo and drink it up :D
    As long as your happy, thats what matters, now enjoy the swets ,)

    ReplyDelete