Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 20 - 22% done!

I have a confession to make. We have a small apartment, so from the beginning, we've taken turns doing the moves in Ab Ripper. Well. Let me tell you something. Doing the moves back-to-back, as they were intended to be done, is so much harder than taking breaks in between. I mean, duh. I just never realized that I was making it so easy on myself. At the bitter end, during Mason Twists, I really thought I was going to vomit. And just sitting here now, my abs hurt. So what did I learn? Do the workouts properly!

Because we skipped our workout yesterday, today we did yesterdays workout, which was Legs and Back. Easily my least favourite. I love the whole thing, except the wall squats, which makes me dislike the whole thing. We finally figured out a way that we can use the chin-up bar with a chair without it sliding all over the place, so I did more chin-ups and pull-ups (with chair assist) than I've ever done. That felt good. I find I can push myself harder now too, which I think is a combination of getting stronger and knowing when Tony will say "that's it, we're done!".

By the way, I know too many of Tony's lines. The pterodactyl line is one of my favourites.. CAAAAWWW!

We went grocery shopping today. It was successful, which means it was expensive. We got a small chicken for the slow cooker, a pork tenderloin, some pork chops, a few ingredients for turkey chili and the chicken recipe, and some regular stuff like avocados, tomatoes, onions, garlic, broccoli, brussels sprouts, and so on. My credit card took a beating, that's for sure!

That's all for now. We're doing weigh-ins, measurements and picture-taking in a week, so in preparation for that, a photo from tonight:


Grrrr!

1 comment: