Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 24 - A lot about food

In contrast to yesterday, I feel magnificent today. I'm surprised at this, because I've barely drank any water at all, when I usually try to drink 2-3 litres a day. But I'm not complaining! We just finished Kenpo X, and as usual, it made me sweat like hell. Starting out, my right shoulder was sore, but that seemed to dissipate once I threw some punches and got moving.

About a week ago Chris bought some weighted gloves, and I thought I'd never see the day when I wanted a pair for myself, but.. I want a pair for myself! I did the workout holding 1lb weights, and I found that it improved my form drastically. My punches and blocks were much more fluent with the extra weight, so that's added to my "To Buy" list (along with a second yoga mat, so we can stop having to share ours).

I have a pretty solid routine going with my nutrition plan. A normal day would be as follows:

Breakfast - Scrambled egg whites, three slices of chicken bacon, half an English muffin and a coffee later
Snack - Two yogurts and my fruit
Lunch - Whatever I packed (usually a chicken breast sandwich on an English muffin) and a veggie serving
Snack - A delicious chocolatey protein bar
Supper - Varies
Snack - Protein shake post-workout, and frozen yogurt for blog posting

From a nutritional perspective, I hate when the weekend comes. It completely throws off my routine. The biggest issue is breakfast; I'm used to eating at 6:00, and on weekends that gets bumped to 9:00 or 10:00, which is usually the time I'd be eating my first snack. So, long story short, I dread weekends because it feels like I'm stuffing myself and eating all day. Yes, it could easily be solved by getting up at my normal weekday time, but honestly.. I'd rather have the extra sleep!

Tomorrow and Saturday I'll be at a conference, where there is food provided. I'll do my best to stay on track, as far as portions go. And tomorrow is X Stretch day, hooray! The easy one! :)


This is our serving charts, made by yours truly. This way we
can keep track of what we've eaten as the day goes on. It
works incredibly well! Chris's is on the left, mine on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment