Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 16 - Getting curious about Plyometrics

Life is starting to slow down a little right now, enough that I can at least think clearly. This is a change from earlier in the week, where I was so busy I could hardly see straight. I'm very happy that it's a little more calm, especially for this Friday when Yoga comes around again. Maybe this time I can actually enjoy it!

Today I did Cardio, and as usual, it felt great. My abs are still sore from Core yesterday, which made today's Superman-Banana pretty tough and my form definitely wasn't as good as yesterday. As far as the Kenpo kicks go, I must look like a total goof because I can NOT kick well and keep my form; I don't know how those guys do it. (Chris also makes fun of my punches, but I tell him it's because I'm a lover, not a fighter.) I managed to finish both sets of swing kicks at the same pace as Tony, which is very fast, I assure you. I'm kind of sad that I never get to do Plyo, but I'm thinking that one of these weeks I'll switch my Cardio with a Plyo and do it with Chris. I'm conveniently never home when Chris does his Plyo workouts, so I've never seen how intense they are. I'll have to spy on him during his next Plyo day and feel it out.

I have some great news: my sister and her fiance have just started P90X! They're getting married in March or April (still waiting on a date!), so their goal is to get more lean in time for their wedding. They're both in good shape and they both eat well, a lot like Chris and me. My sister said that her first Core workout felt like it worked everything but her core, and I remember that because I was walking around like I had been horseback riding for four days after my first Core workout. I'm REALLY excited that they're doing the program.

Well, another early morning tomorrow, so off to bed I go!

1 comment:

  1. Working out with a clear head is so much different. You feel like you can do so much more. Keep rocking the days.

    ReplyDelete